In the news
Although we’ve only been around since Feb. 2017, Open Savannah has already garnered quite a bit of local and national attention for our grassroots efforts at making Savannah a more open and responsive place to live.
- Open Savannah makes civic life accessible. Savannah Morning News, 23 Aug. 2017.
- Three Cities Point Hacking Efforts Toward Recent Hurricanes, GovTech magazine, 16 Oct., 2017.
- Hurricane hackers build a more prepared Savannah Savannah Morning News, 23 Oct. 2017.
- Calling all the good hackers, Connect Savannah, 18 Oct., 2017.
- National Day of Civic Hacking: Southeast U.S. Recap, Medium.com, 26 Oct., 2017.
- We the people create the solutions, Business in Savannah,
- Lewis: Technology alone won’t make city ‘smart’, Savannah Morning News, 15 Jun. 2018.
In addition, our project, SavBook.io, has been adopted as part of Coastal Georgia Indicators Coalition as a tool for case workers to find social services for individuals, and we’ve been recognized by Code for America for our efforts.